Mixpad App

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ feature suggestions Mixpad App

Tagged: 

This topic contains 11 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Brian Brian 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Shakes
    Shakes
    Participant

As a regular user of both SQ and QU and now the addition of CQ. It’s a real shame that the mixpad app doesn’t follow a similar screen and functional layout.
    So used to simply touching a mix or aux button down the R/H of screen and the mix is instantly selected.
    For me personally the R&D boys (and girls) got the functionality of those 2 absolutely spot on over various revisions. Begs the question WHY opt for a less intuitive layout for CQ?

Profile photo of robbocurry
    robbocurry
    Participant

I was thinking the exact same thing!

CQ software revolution vs evolution.

Profile photo of Tomi
    Tomi
    Participant

Dear Allen & Heath TM,

I am an educator in oktOpus Multimedia Institute. We have an iPad Mini 2 with ios 12.5.7 for teach in the school.
    I can teach many Sound mixer’s iPad GUI to my students. I want to show them the CQ’s application, but I can’t install it on tehat iPad, because it request 13.0 or later version of ios. But We haven’t. And the school can’t buy a New iPad. I know many Sound engineer too to use old iPads for work.

Could I ask You to allow permission to ios12 to CQ applications (CQ4You too)?

Yamaha and RME are permited older ioses to use modern applications, for example DM3 or DM7 mixer and UCX remote.

Thank You so mutch for education. 😊
    Tamás Szenes

Profile photo of Jeradachs
    Jeradachs
    Participant

Just starting with CQ20B and MixPad app, I can tell, there are much more intuitiv than this one.

Time to improove.

Olaf

Profile photo of John
    John
    Participant

+1 for iOS 12

Profile photo of Alex
    Alex
    Participant

Is Sq MixPad still available for pc, cause I can’t find it in official Allen & Heath site?

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@alex

Not sure if you mean SQ MixPad (as this is a CQ thread), but yes, that’s available here – https://www.allen-heath.com/hardware/sq/sq-5/resources/ – or on any of the SQ resource pages.
    Or if you mean CQ MixPad, that’s available here – https://www.allen-heath.com/hardware/cq/cq-12t/resources/ – or on any of the CQ resource pages.

Thanks,
    Keith.

Profile photo of Alex
    Alex
    Participant

Found it; thank you for your reply!

Profile photo of Clebs
    Clebs
    Participant

Is it possible to port CQ mixpad to Linux?

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

Is it possible to port CQ mixpad to Linux?

You are obviously free to make that feature request…..

However the reality is that I would not hold my breath waiting for A&H to port this to Linux. Currently none of the other A&H systems have a Linux port. I doubt A&H will ever make the effort to port anything over to Linux, but I certainly can’t imagine they would start this process with the lowest/cheapest system in their offerings. In other words, I suspect the CQ series would be the absolute last system to see a Linux port if A&H actually made this a priority – which they haven’t up to this point in time.

Profile photo of Clebs
    Clebs
    Participant

Well, if i’d bought a huge professional A&H ystem I’d wouldn’t care about running apps in linux. My setup would merely being a dedicated computer or tablet and OS choice between Android/Windows/IOS not beeing an issue.

But CQs are aimed to be more popular systems. PCs and tablets to be used are more likely not to be dedicated for this usage.
    The most your offer compatibility with existing devices, the more your system is attractive.

In my case, I knew that the apps were not available with linux, which is the only OS I use for PCs, but as a alternative I thought it was possible to use mixpad with my phone Android device. I discover it was not possible due to 32/64 bit uncompatibility.

Perhaps if I knew this, my choice wouldn’t have been for CQ …

There is third party Mixer-station thas is available for both my linux PCs and my phone. It’s running well, buts lacks control for autogain, FBA fonctions for examples.

I don’t think porting A&H apps is a huge task, as it seems they are Qt based, which is a cross-platform developpement framework.

So, let’s try ask for it…

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

A&H would have a lot more happy customers if they ported the MixApps over to Android (vs Linux). If they port anything (which they haven’t really shown any interest in doing), that would be the first OS they would likely look at. Again, Linux would be at the bottom of the list IMHO.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.