Mixing IEM in stereo

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Mixing IEM in stereo

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of BJBJ
    Participant

When setting a mix out to “Stereo”, is it not possible to pan individual inputs separately from the Main mix? I’m trying to get a stereo mix of certain inputs on one side and other inputs on the other side. So far, it looks like the only way to make that happen is to use 2 separate mono mixes.
    Cheers. BJ

Profile photo of SteffenRSteffenR
    Participant

I don’t know how you tried this, it just works here.

Profile photo of TobiTobi
    Participant

Go to Routing menu. There you find the Pans.

Best Regards,
    Tobias

Profile photo of SQuserSQuser
    Participant

Tobi’s recommendation is particularly useful if you want to change or check the pans of a channel on several stereo mixes at the same time.

>I’m trying to get a stereo mix of certain inputs on one side and other inputs on the other side.
    In the case of one stereo mix, you will select it and set the pan of the desired channel with the panpot and check its position at the bottom left in the processing menu (see image).

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of BJBJ
    Participant

Thanks. Brain fart moment.
    Was playing on it yesterday trying to preconfigure for a show this week and the surface Pan control was inoperable on mixes. Didn’t dig down deep enough I guess. Was playing on the app later on (away from the desk) and Pan works on the processing screen (and routing screen). I will have hands on the SQ later today to sort it out.
    I wonder why A&H would disable the surface Pan control on stereo mixes?
    Anyways, thanks for the replies.

Profile photo of BJBJ
    Participant

Weird, today I checked and it works like I expect it to. Surface pan control works fine. Maybe I didn’t hit “apply” when setting mixes to stereo. Definitely user error. Thanks again.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.