Mix Phase

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Mix Phase

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Detonator Detonator 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of prodigio
    prodigio
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m owner of Qu-16, with latest firmware release 1.5.
    I ask to you if exist possibility to invert the internal send channel phase into mix assign monitor screen (please see image attached).
    I need this function because i use the HEADAMP 6 PRO (preamplifier headphone) that need inverted phase signal.
    ATTENTION: I’m not talking about the phase input channels standard (1..16) , but I’m talking of the phase change on the microphone signals to be sent to the individual mix out

Please reply to me

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

I’m not sure I understand. In what way does the Headamp 6 Pro use this inverted signal, and is it not something that can be achieved by an appropriately wired cable?

Profile photo of prodigio
    prodigio
    Participant

Please view the attached manual at page 5, 9 (text) and 11 (image).
    It’s too complex to explain here 🙂
    At page 11 the image refer to arrow: “Extra vocal foldback for Lead Vocalist (in Phase)”

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Detonator
    Detonator
    Participant

prodigio –

The manual is telling you that IDENTICAL signals being combined cannot be of reversed POLARITY from each other, or there will be cancellation. Phase, in this situation, is a special case of time alignment, which is referring to signals that are coherent (the same “phase”) or 180 degrees apart. Any discrete phase adjustment (other than reversing polarity) is beyond the scope of the ART.

If you are concerned about phase interaction due to combining signals with different latencies (“comb filtering”), that is something beyond the control of the desk or the ART. It’s not complex, basically a non-issue.

-Tim T

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.