MEU

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Nicola A&H Nicola A&H 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of TavonMarkov
    TavonMarkov
    Participant

I have an A&H GLD112, AR2412, AR168, AR84 and an MEU with 6 ME-1 units. This is setup in a recording studio environment. The GLD is situated in a control room. The AR2412 AND AR168 are located in the performance live room while the AR84 and MEU will be mounted in a rack in the control room. The studio has been outfit with cat6 around the room. The concept is that the MEU would be in the control room so that the various wall plates could be patched as needed. Is there any way to connect both the AR84 and the MEU in the control room to the GLD without patching the MEU back to the AR2412 and without sacrificing the expander port on the GLD that is slated for the AR84? I see lots of posts about using dSnake with a gigabit switch. Is this possible? Would it be possible to hook the AR2412 (thus the AR168) and the MEU over a gigabit switch?

Thanks for the help!

Profile photo of TavonMarkov
    TavonMarkov
    Participant

Bump

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi TavonMarkov,

The short answer is no. The dSNAKE protocol requires point to point connections, you cannot merge traffic from different devices on a switch.

If the studio is equipped with Cat6 lines, can you not dedicate one to the AR2412 return cable to the ME-U?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.