ME-500 routing difficulties

Forums Forums ME Forums ME troubleshooting ME-500 routing difficulties

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dean Dean 1 week, 6 days ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Dean
    Dean
    Participant

I am having trouble routing channels to my ME-500s using an SQ-5. If I assign an FX channel in the routing screen to the ME-500, my channel assignment shifts one channel earlier after the FX channel.

This happens whether I use the L+R return or a single L or R.

In other words, if I assign Fx1 Left to channel 3 on the ME routing screen, my channel 16 on the SQ becomes 15 on the ME, down to channel 5 on the SQ becoming 4 on the ME. If I assign Fx1 to channel 4 on the ME routing screen, my channel 16 on the SQ becomes 14 on the ME, down to channel 7 on the SQ becoming 5 on the ME. Everything shifts by 2 channels.

If I put the FX on 3 and a group on 4 then everything works as expected on the higher channels except verb only comes through the left headphone.

Here is another very strange problem. If I use the mono out on the ME, all channels have Fx1 regardless of Fx1 assignment on the SQ or the muting of the fx channel (channel 3) on the ME. If I use stereo headphones, the ME behaves as expected.

Rebooting the SQ and ME makes no difference.

I would like to be able to assign what I want, where I want on the ME. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Dean

Profile photo of Dean
    Dean
    Participant

Ignore note about reverb on mono out…stupid pilot error!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.