ME-500: Confirming Input Flexibility

Forums Forums ME Forums ME general discussions ME-500: Confirming Input Flexibility

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Barryjam Barryjam 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Barryjam
    Barryjam
    Participant

I know that the ME-500 can only access 16 mono or stereo signals, compared to 40 sources on the Me-1.

When I look at QU-Pad, IO Patch, Monitor, I see that the “available” inputs include not only the 32 channels, but also ST1-3, all the FX returns, all 4 groups, all the mixes, a variety of LR mixes, 4 matrices, and even PAFL L&R.

I just want to confirm that the Me-500 can select 16 mono or stereo sources from all of these available sources., as long as I edit the IOPatch/Monitor page so that the sources I want for Me-500 are patched to inputs 1-16 on the QU Monitor page. I understand that this software Monitor Patchbay is also independent of any physical inputs I may have patched on the hardware QU.

Is this correct?

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Yes this is correct, Sir!

Profile photo of Barryjam
    Barryjam
    Participant

Thank you, Steffen.

Wow, this makes Me-500 is truly viable and affordable option, especially when working with musicians who are not likely to get into deep editing. Even in a 12-piece horn band with 7 vocalists, I can let the horn guys dial in individual horns while merely changing levels for drum group, keys group, vocals group, rhythm section, or Main LR. (I know these groups are created on QU, because Me-500 doesn’t have groups).

Sweet!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.