Master L/R fader rotary

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ feature suggestions Master L/R fader rotary

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Yvo Yvo 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mainlinenick
    mainlinenick
    Participant

Would be really usefull if the larger rotary was automatically the L/R level when on faders page, without having to select the channel strip. Being able to quickly grab the level on a rotary if there is a level issue isn’t easy if you don’t already have L/R selected.
    Being able to “fix” the rotary to L/R level unless being used for something else would also help. I know I can set a soft rotary to do this, but then I lose the smart function.

Profile photo of robbocurry
    robbocurry
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of willmodelisme
    willmodelisme
    Participant

Or have a kind of “permanent select” function for each command to this rotary, a long press or combined press for exemple.

Profile photo of Ogremic
    Ogremic
    Participant

Unless selected to do something, it would be useful to always default it to master LR. In case something unexpected happens, you can grab it and dial it down, because mute is too much

Profile photo of willmodelisme
    willmodelisme
    Participant

For example if you switch btw fader tabs, the selection is lost and if you had Main LR selected on tab 1, it is lost on tab2.
    This is stupid.

Profile photo of mjusic
    mjusic
    Participant

+1
    or make instant selecting L&R fader a softkey option

Profile photo of Spyros
    Spyros
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of Yvo
    Yvo
    Participant

I can see how this is useful but I’m afraid it’s a bit of a risky feature.

Since this is a knob you’re likely to give a big turn when using it for other functions, a mistake is easily made (shit, thought it was still controlling the delay send) and whoops, you’ve raised the master by 20dB.

Like always, I’m not against adding this as feature for professionals and skilled people.
    I’m generally against ‘dumbing down’ professional products, just because amateurs might operate them.
    Don’t hinder professional users of professional products, better to create additional ‘novice’ modes.
    In this case it’s the other way around. It seems to be a product aimed at amateurs with some professional use in mind, so I’m just saying: be careful what you wish for.

I’d see less risk in permanently assigning one of the smaller encoders to master fader duty.

That said, as a professional sound engineer, the master fader is among the controls I use the least. It’s mostly set and forget.
    Then again, I usually have groups and DCAs at my disposal, so in this product I can understand the desire to have the master fader control handy. This product should obviously be amateur friendly.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.