Make our own FX

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions Make our own FX

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of volounteer volounteer 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

It would be nice if I could write the software for my own FX and use it with the Qu32, like I did for my DAW.

Suggest you all provide an SDK and a way to add our own custom FX for our use.

Failing that, please provide an UPwards compression FX option, for those who cannot use parallel compression on their board to achieve it that way.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

***content removed – personal comment that does not contribute to the thread***

It you want all the features you keep complaining the QU32 is lacking go buy a D Live and I am certain that would not even solve your problems.

Many of us here, myself included have faced the “issues” you claim to have with an analog board, a handful of outboard processing and achieved good results that got us more work.

It’s called running sound for a reason and you need to know how to do it, it does not
    magically happen with a piece of software or plug in.

As for your effects question, if you can’t get an effects patch that does what you need on the QU32 you have far greater issues that worrying about effects when it comes to running sound.

volounteer
    Participant

@mikec

This is not an operator problem at all.

Sorry if I am a perfectionist but I am trying to make do with what the church has already bought.
    Buying anything else is not an option.

Our analog board is history. We are making do with the digital version now and any limitations it presents.
    That does not mean that I should not ask for simple improvements that would be easy for AH to provide.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Keep in mind you can edit all of the QU32 effect patches perameters and then save them as your own in the effects library.

volounteer
    Participant

@mikec

Thanks. I do not recall seeing that in the users manual.

I will look at the parameters available. But it is TBD if I can edit their compression to do what I need from their parameters.

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

Hmm, the QU is an entry level mixer. Made simple by design, ready for weekend warriors and amateur musicians. Simple routing, simple FX. Thats not a disadvantage, just a fact.
    If,instead, you use a mixer like the SQ or dLive, just to name the A&H alternatives, you would have a more flexible routing option. You can use external effects via at least one routable insert point. So you can use a VST host with either freeware, buyable or self programmed effects. To archive low latency you should think about using a soundgrid server, but even this route needs another mixers than the QU series.
    But no series will allow you to add new effects to the firmware by your own. This limitation is for sure to prevent the mixer from being corrupted by poorly developed plugins.
    The only possibly extendable mixers I know are the Waves LV1 or the Avid SxL. But even these mixers are not easily to extend I guess.

volounteer
    Participant

@mfk0815

True. But a church budget is limited. And they already bought it so we are going to have to use that one.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.