Make Embedded Recall Selection similar to editing cue list

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis feature suggestions Make Embedded Recall Selection similar to editing cue list

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Seth Seth 1 year ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Seth
    Seth
    Participant

A little background. I am not an experienced sound engineer, so it is very possible I am using Embedded Recall in a completely different way than its intended use. I am using it as an abstraction and a way of composing multiple scenes to form a new scene. We have a scene where we save most of our audio settings (channels on the surface, where they are patches, eq, etc.). We also have scenes for which vocal channel is singing lead, LPF for the acoustic guitar (wide open vs. bypassing the lows), etc. I’ll then create a scene for a specific song using Embedded Recall. First, I block all recall filters so nobody accidentally stores anything directly to the song scene. Then using Embedded Recall, I first add our Audio Scene, then the Lead Vocal Scene, the Acoustic Guitar Scene, etc. Each one building on the ones before. None of the scenes use a delay.

Here are the issues I have with the current Embedded Recall screen.
    1. Selecting scenes using the encoder and having to remember where each scene is located can be cumbersome.
    2. After the scene is added, only the Scene number is displayed and not the name.
    3. New scenes can only be added to the end of the list. If you want to insert somewhere else in the list, you have to remove any existing scenes after the insertion point and readd them in order.

I propose a UI very similar to editing cue lists. Please see the attached image.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.