LED in soft keys

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions LED in soft keys

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of MikeShand MikeShand 8 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MikeShand
    MikeShand
    Participant

Is there a way to stop the LED in a soft key assigned to a scene recall from toggling every time you press it. Or indeed is there a way to set it explicitly one way or the other. I know it sounds trivial, but some of our less experienced volunteers find it confusing that sometimes the LED is on, and sometimes it is off depending on how many times the soft key has been pressed. They kind of assume that it must indicate something (as it does for one assigned to a mute, for example).

MikeShand
    Participant

Ah, its more complicated than that. I am actually using Sel Mix PAFL Scene with Mix PAFL type and an associated scene and main LR as the channel. The idea being to force the mix setting to LR on loading the scene, to avoid any subsequent foot shooting. (I don’t actually want the PAFL, but there is no “mix only” type.)

When you first press the soft key, it loads the scene as expected, and turns the LED ON. However, the LED seems to be associated with PAFL, becuase it you clear the PAFL, for example by pressing the default assigned soft key 9, the LED on the original soft key is toggled off.

Moreover, if you press the soft key once, it loads the scene as expected, but the second time you press it it DOESN’T re-load the scene. e.g. if you move the faders (level being allowed in the scene recall filters), they are NOT reset by pressing the soft key. But it does toggle the LED OFF and clear PAFL. Pressing the soft key a THIRD time DOES load the scene again, and turns the LED ON as for the first press.

Weird!

Anyone know what is really going on?

Profile photo of pilotspike
    pilotspike
    Participant

Sounds to me like your scene is reprogramming the soft keys when you recall it. You might need to filter soft keys out of the scene or set them to be scene safe.

John

MikeShand
    Participant

Good thinking John, but no. I have all soft keys globally scene safe, AND blocked in the specific recall filter for this scene.

Actually I had recently made them NOT globally scene safe, but still filtered in this scene, but I just went back to an old show where all the soft keys are scene safe, as above, and it makes no difference to the behaviour. It really does seem that the LED on the scene recall soft key is reflecting the PAFL status. Perhaps this is intended behaviour, but it is confusing. But that doesn’t explain why it only does the scene recall every second press. I could sort of understand it if it never re-recalled a scene if that was the current scene, but why, then, does it actually do a recall on the third press?

For comparison, if it set it to a simple scene recall, then the LED comes on when you press it, and the scene gets recalled again for each subsequent press, leaving the LED on. So the behaviour above is definielty linked to the PAFL.

I’m only doing the sel mix pafl scene recall so I can force the LR mix key on when the scene is recalled. I wonder if there is some other way I can acheive that. But I haven’t found any other way so far.

MikeShand
    Participant

Following on from this very old thread, I had a good idea to give me two banks of soft keys. I would assign soft key 10 to a scene which ONLY reassigned the soft keys to a different set (i.e. everything but soft keys blocked in the filter), and assigned itself to a scene that assigned them back to “normal”.

It all worked beuatifully, BUT I really wanted to be able to toggle the LED of softkey 10 so that it acted as an indicator of which bank I was in, otherwise life would get very confusing.

I tried the above trick of using Sel Mix PAFL Scene, but to no avail.

Does anyone have any cunning tricks to allow the LED to be toggled?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.