Is An Adjustment To An Effect Engine Common To All Input Channels?

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ General Discussions Is An Adjustment To An Effect Engine Common To All Input Channels?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of mfusa mfusa 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of gato
    gato
    Participant

I hope this question is clear. I have a CQ-18T which I like a lot. My question is, is I adjust lets say the EchoVerb for input channel 1, will this effect every other channel or are they independent?

Thank you, Scott Nichols

Profile photo of mfusa
    mfusa
    Participant

You get 4 FX engines on the CQ18. You can use them in shared or inserted mode. In shared mode you are sending multiple channels to the FX as a bus so all those channels, being sent, share the same FX settings. So, yes, in this mode, a change in any FX1 parameter would effect the sound for the other sends as well.

If you use inserted mode then an FX channel is inserted on a single channel only. So a change only effects that channel.

Profile photo of gato
    gato
    Participant

In insert mode, can you only use one channel at a time. When I played around with it, that’s way it appeared to work.

Profile photo of mfusa
    mfusa
    Participant

Yes. I’d suggest reviewing the CQ manual. Pages 47-49 describe the different ways to use FX. I’m sure there are some good YouTube videos if you search for CQ FX

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.