Tap Delay time for FX

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ General Discussions Tap Delay time for FX

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KeithJ A&H KeithJ A&H 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of rmhewa
    rmhewa
    Participant

I think assignable tap tempo function does apply to only one type of FX. For example it applies to ‘Tap Delay’ in FX Unit 1, but not the ‘Tap Delay time’ of the ‘Delay’ section of Echo Verb FX of FX Unit 2.

Is that how it is or am I missing something here?

Thank you

Profile photo of Gaz
    Gaz
    Participant

You can assign the soft key to the delay element of the echo-verb but I personally found the user-interaction a bit odd. It doesn’t flash giving visual feedback when not in the effect layer.. it doesn’t seem to take the average time of the last few taps (making the time parameter jump around a lot) and the soft key seems to set double time than that of the tap key in the effect module itself.

The user interaction of the soft key with the tap delay effect module works great.

Profile photo of Gaz
    Gaz
    Participant

*Correction: soft key seems to set half time than that of the tap key in the effect module itself.

Profile photo of rmhewa
    rmhewa
    Participant

I feel ‘Tap Tempo’ should be a global setting that affects all the relevant FX modules. Probably if Keith from A&H is here, can pls clarify this?

Thank you!

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@rmhewa

The ‘global tap tempo’ value does not exist in CQ (or Qu), so unlike SQ/Avantis/dLive, you cannot control this and then set a delay to follow it.
    I’m not sure if it would be possible to achieve it in any other way, but if you add a feature suggestion for this functionality and other users agree, we would investigate further.

Regarding the other points about Echo Verb tap tempo, there is a bug logged re: SoftKey operation.

Thanks,
    Keith.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.