Input Matrix

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ feature suggestions Input Matrix

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SmilzoSmilzo
    Participant

I wish an input matrix to send an input into many channels.
    Each channel can have only 1 input (or none).
    Basically, a way to duplicate input into many channels for different processing.

For example In1 into ch1 & Ch2 & ch3, ch1 to main vocal, ch2 to monitor with different compression eq and sends, ch3 to in ears. In2 & In3 will be locked/muted, unless unused channel is selected in the matrix.

Profile photo of SteffenRSteffenR
    Participant

??????????

Participant

Hi Steffen, what’s unclear?
    We can’t have any more channels or groups since processing resource are limited. A way to address is “share” input between channels. The most friendly way is a matrix. Since CQ can’t sum input, the matrix has to have only one input each row.

Profile photo of Mike CMike C
    Participant

You could use a YY cable, three passive splits will still work OK…….or jump up to a QU with a stage box and then you patch the inputs how ever you like.

Participant

Yes I know. This is a feature request.
    It is useful to patch cable into different input; say one cable of the snake fail, in input 2. On stage they swap input with 7. You can from laptop change input 7 (if connected previously) to ch 2, the show goes on.
    Less devices you got on stage, less failure likely happens. Also portability and fast stage setup may be important. More friendly and comprehensive system are better! 🙂

Profile photo of Dor Seidel ThomDor Seidel Thom
    Participant

i agree with you, it would be great to have a multiple input matrix! better you can also route analog and sd-input the same time realizing a virtuell soundcheck.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.