Independent FX mix on monitor

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions Independent FX mix on monitor

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Eelke Eelke 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Eelke
    Eelke
    Participant

Hello,

I am looking for a way to have an independent FX for my in-ear monitors (AUX). The amount of FX for each input channel should be independent from the main mix. Changes to the main mix should not affect the FX of the monitors.

In my current setup I have a dedicated FX (reverb) for the monitors. The FX return is only routed to the monitors and not to the main mix. My problem is that the amount of signal going from the input channels to the FX send is affected by the main fader. If we change the level of for example the lead singer on the FoH, also the amount of effect going to the monitor is increased. This is not desired since the level of the lead singer does not change for the monitors because they are pre-fader.

Any suggestions?

Profile photo of mervaka
    mervaka
    Participant

One option you have would be to set the FX bus of your IEM to also be pre-fader.

How many spare channels do you have? Another option would be to duplicate the channels that need reverb onto spare channels, and unroute these spare channels from LR. This is somewhat akin to having a dedicated monitor desk.

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

I have a post here that describes how I do it:

Reverb in Mons from FOH

Chris

Profile photo of Eelke
    Eelke
    Participant

Thanks Chris, I didn’t spot that topic. Nice explanation and I will definitely give it a try.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.