Help please? Is a "GLD-AR2412" compatible with QU-32?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Help please? Is a "GLD-AR2412" compatible with QU-32?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 6 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Bill
    Bill
    Participant

Hi. I have had a QU-32 mixer for over a year and used it with analog snakes, never used the dSnake port before. Purchased a used “GLD-AR2412″ yesterday and hooked it up to the QU-32 with a CAT6 cable with plain RJ45 connector (no ethercon) of 24” or so cable length. The mixer sees the AR unit’s 24 ins and 12 outs and has them assigned 1 to 1 as per the documentation. The dSnake logo shows up on the routing menu for dSnake in and out screens. The yellow light flashes on the AR, the yellow light I believe flashes on the mixer dSnake jack plate. But I get no signal through headphones nor signal present light action or meter bounce on the channel in testing, unless I plug the same mic and cable directly into the QU channel 1 or 2- then everything works fine. Tried it through several scenes previously created. No muting on channels tested, they work fine on a direct plug in to the QU. When I unplug dSnake cable the routing screens go away..When plugged back in, they come back on/available.

Is my problem in not having an ethersound quality cable? Or?

Profile photo of Bill
    Bill
    Participant

Oh, forgot to cover – the AR2412 unit has “GLD-AR2412” printed right on the unit on the back and front panels. But I see nothing on the Allen & Heath web site about

mixer specific

AR2412 units. Unit is the purple color, not black. All I see in my hours looking at other posts is that QU’s won’t load thru the latest firmware, while GLD mixers will update the AR through the mixer. So I could have non-compatible products? or just an inadequate ethernet cable?
    Thanks for any help.

Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

https://www.allen-heath.com/media/Qu-Mixer-Reference-Guide-AP9372_9.pdf

Page 17.

Please read the manual. It can save you from hours of frustration.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Did you go into the input section and set to channels to dSnake? Not Local? That is a must. I’ve used the Qu32 with purple AR-2412 and 084 for years.

Profile photo of BRS
    BRS
    Participant

Just a thought, input selection is one of the things that is saved and recalled with scenes (unless filtered).

Did you recall a scene before testing? You may have put them all back to local without realising.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Input selection is the issue here – 99% certainty.

Need to tell the mixer to use the dSnake inputs – there is no GLD/QU/SQ difference between the boxes. But the old (purple) ones were GLD marked since the QU/SQ didn’t exist

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.