GX Preamps vs DM/CDM Preamps

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis General Discussions GX Preamps vs DM/CDM Preamps

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of CGreenTX CGreenTX 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of CGreenTX
    CGreenTX
    Participant

Are there any specs available that can help differentiate the preamp quality between the new GX stage rack for Avantis vs. the DM/CDM racks for DLive? I’m in the market to buy right now and trying to look at a loaded our Avantis vs. a more entry level DLive.

Thanks!

Profile photo of Showtime
    Showtime
    Participant

My dealer told me that the pre-amps are the same.

Avantis is about 1/2 dlive.

Richard

Profile photo of cheu78
    cheu78
    Participant

I’d suggest to test both and THEN decide which one is for you..I believe they have a different workflow.. they’ll both sound excellent (or most probably exactly the same)..
    but tey do have a different (mostly HW, with the software integration, new screens) feature set.

The avantis will be cheaper IF you need a relatively high number of faders.

howdy

Cheu

Profile photo of CGreenTX
    CGreenTX
    Participant

To meet my requirements I’ll need Avantis, GX4816, DX168, a Dante card, and the dPack license. That’s still a good bit cheaper than a C3500/CDM64/Dante setup but I may not be able to get the Avantis in hand before my critical timeline is up. I doubt i will be able to lay hands on it before we make a decision since they don’t ship till next month so my choice may be made for me.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.