Group Mixing on LR-Layer

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Group Mixing on LR-Layer

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of MarkPAman MarkPAman 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Anybody
    Anybody
    Participant

Hey there!
    My question is about the workflow of groupmixing on the sq:
    I configured two groups, so they’re assigned to aux11/12-layer’s. One is for vocals, one for drum.
    In live action now it’s pretty annoying to always change the layers from LR to aux11 to change only the main vocals for example (As far as I can see only the Group-fader itself can be assigned to the LR-layer) So the question is, if it is possible to have the vocal channels of the grouplayer on the LR-layer?
    A DCA is not an option in my case, cause I won’t to run group-fx or group-compression on them.
    Thanks for help!

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi @any1,

It’s slightly confusing as you’re talking about groups and auxes as if they’re the same thing and also referring to layers which are a different thing again, but if I understand your question correctly, you want (for example) one of the fader strips to control the level going to one of the auxes, whilst the rest of the fader strips are still controlling send levels to the LR mix.

If this is your question, then no – ‘sends on faders’ only works because you always have only the sends for the selected mix being displayed on the faders.

However, there are two things that might help you.
    Pressing and holding the ‘CH to All Mix’ key shows all the sends for the selected channel, so with a vocal channel selected, you can instantly see everywhere it’s being sent.
    The Soft Rotaries on the SQ-6 and SQ-7 can be set to control the send level to a specific mix (no matter what mix is selected), for either the currently selected channel, or a specific channel.

Hope this helps,
    Cheers,
    Keith.

Profile photo of Anybody
    Anybody
    Participant

Sry for the confusion;) but you got me right. I think I should have said mix instead of aux…
    Will try the option assigning the channels to the soft rotaries, since they can be accessed without pressing any further buttons.
    Thanks for your quick reply!

Profile photo of Anybody
    Anybody
    Participant

Nice try Keith, but as for as i could see the group send level faders are not assignable to the rotaries, only those from auxes/fx. if I’m right, I’d have a new feature suggestion…

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Group send levels are the same as the levels sent to the main L&R – you usually choose one or the other, and assign as needed.

Mix (or Aux) sends are able to be set separately, and can also be pre or post (the main) fader.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Should have said – that’s why you don’t see group send as a soft rotary option – it’s already provided as the channel fader.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.