GLD Editor in Linux

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions GLD Editor in Linux

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Pmills Pmills 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Pmills
    Pmills
    Participant

Hello,

Has anyone gotten the gld editor running in Linux using wine(or any other way) to connect to a gld? The computer in my sound booth is running Ubuntu 16.0.4 for some specialized software that we can’t get on another operating system. If that wasn’t he case I would just use windows. I can get the gld editor to open and work offline but when I try to go online it will get past the user log in and then it will freeze while syncing the setting from the board at about 60% on the progress bar.

System information
    Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS
    Wine 1.6.2
    GLD Editor 1.51

Profile photo of jcarter
    jcarter
    Participant

I know I’ve done it without any problems (other than the process of mapping the USB drive taking a little while to figure out), but unfortunately that was on my old laptop and a couple of years ago so I don’t have exact version numbers handy.

Some version of Ubuntu LTS (could have been 12.04 or 14.04, don’t remember) and I used the Play on Linux GUI to set up Wine and launch the installer exe. Not sure what version of Wine but it definitely wouldn’t have been anything right on the bleeding edge, even for the time.

Does it need to be Ubuntu 16.04 LTS in particular or is switching to a different distro an option?

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

I haven’t tried it, but you might want to give VMWare a try. It works well for running Windows under Linux.

Profile photo of Pmills
    Pmills
    Participant

Thanks for the ideas guys. After some extensive troubleshooting I have decided to run a windows 7 VM for the GLD Editor.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.