GLD-80 Fader Issue / Faders trembling.

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD troubleshooting GLD-80 Fader Issue / Faders trembling.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Ben A&H Ben A&H 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Kayb
    Kayb
    Participant

Hello Community,

I have a GLD-80 (2014) with Firmware 1.61.
    Recently the first 4 Faders got damaged with Liquid and stopped working.
    I replaced the big Faderboard (12 Faders) with the Spare Part from the audio-technica Support (004-178).
    Now the new Faders are trembling and it seems they don’t find the correct Position immediately – they are kind of shaking around their Destination and doing strange Things when the Destination is in a Max/Min Position.

The Issue can be seen in this Video:

Every Fader from the new 12-Board is affected in the same way.
    I Tried the following things:
    Calibrate Faders : Around 10 Times.
    Updated Firmware : 2 Times.

Any Ideas?

Profile photo of Jonathan
    Jonathan
    Participant

That’s a tough one. It almost seems like there’s noise in the digital signal telling the system where to put the fader. I’ve never opened up one of those before but I’d check all the connectors inside. It’s possible some of them may have some oxidation from the liquid damage. It’s possible all the fader location data streams use the same bus, so if one is noisy, they all are, but don’t quote me on that. Just a speculation.

Hope you figure it out!

Profile photo of Kayb
    Kayb
    Participant

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for your Reply. Digital Noise sounds logic to me, but I never encountered such an Issue with old damaged Board:
    On the old Board 3 or 4 Faders were dead so I think just those Motors got killed. The Rest of that Board ran smoothly.

Profile photo of Jonathan
    Jonathan
    Participant

That is odd. Are the faders aftermarket or OEM? You mentioned, “Spare Part from the audio-technica Support (004-178).” Did you mean Audio-Technica or Allen & Heath?

Profile photo of Ben A&H
    Ben A&H

Hi Jonathan,

The “fader tremble” is something I’ve seen before if a Fader PCB has been replaced and a firmware update has not been performed after the PCB replacement.

If you haven’t already, please download and install the newest firmware from our site (even if the latest version is currently on the console)

Does that solve the issue?

Ben

Profile photo of Kayb
    Kayb
    Participant

Hi Community,

Are the faders aftermarket or OEM?

I am not Sure. I ordered the Board via the A&H Support Link. Thats Audio-technica for Germany
    https://www.allen-heath.com/dist_type/germany/

If you haven’t already, please download and install the newest firmware from our site (even if the latest version is currently on the console)

I Have updated the Firmware a few times. Current Version is the newest: 1.61
    Additional to that i did a full Factory Reset.
    Issue is not solved.

Thanks for the Feedback
    Kay

Profile photo of Ben A&H
    Ben A&H

Hi Kay,

Please contact our Support Team: support@allen-heath.com

Best Regards,
    Ben

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.