GLD 112 not connecting to LAN

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD troubleshooting GLD 112 not connecting to LAN

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of paul paul 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of paul
    paul
    Participant

I work for a church, and we recently had some work done in our sanctuary that necessitated temporarily disconnecting our GLD 112. The GLD was connected via ethernet to an unmanaged switch, which in turn connected to an ethernet outlet in the wall that directly linked to the patch panel/router for the building/LAN. Connecting to the board via the Editor with laptops/iPads was straightforward and easy.

I went about reconnecting the board and noticed it was not connecting to the LAN like it had before. It was using a static IP, 192.168.1.50, that allowed us to use the Editor software remotely without having to worry about the IP changing.

I’ve spent several hours on this and seem no closer to an answer. I’m going to list the things I’ve tried and hope for some sort of assistance:

1) I checked and rechecked every physical connection. The ports are correct. The LEDs are lit at every stage (GLD, switch). Different cables. Etc.

2) Other devices connected to the same switch via ethernet have perfect connections to the LAN. The switch is a small, gigabit, unmanaged Linksys model.

3) I have tried both static and DHCP settings. I cleared the DHCP range on the router to allow for the static IP. No change. The subnet mask and gateway are correct.

4) I have fiddled with every seemingly relevant setting on the router (a Unifi Dream Machine Pro). Enabled multicast, IGMP snooping etc. I didn’t expect anything to change and it didn’t.

The issue really seems narrowed down to the board itself, and since I can’t access any sort of console or terminal on it to dig deeper, I seem to be out of options.

If you have encountered a similar issue or have any troubleshooting ideas to throw at me, I’d love to hear it. Unfortunately this is a time sensitive issue.

Thanks

Profile photo of paul
    paul
    Participant

I have also tried connecting to a completely different ethernet port that I also independently confirmed to be working. So it is definitely the board. Should I look at a full factory reset?

Profile photo of paul
    paul
    Participant

Well, I’m not sure what changed, but I was finally able to connect via the editor, using a static IP. I guess a moderator can delete this now.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.