FX Not Returning

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis troubleshooting FX Not Returning

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of robl robl 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of scluben
    scluben
    Participant

We just picked up an Avantis for out broadcast audio (Dm0/dlive system). I’ve got everything patched and routed via Dante/waves, but for the life of me I cannot get my FX returns working. I’m familiar with the UI and how they are routed from our dlive.

I have audio going into the send, which shows up, can be pafld, etc. I can see it in the FX rack coming in, too. I cannot see audio on the return channel, or in the PEQ of the FX rack unit. I’ve checked to ensure that the FX unit is routed properly on the back panel, ensured the return was sending to the mains, and that there are no DCA issues involved. I am dumbfounded and have been pounding my fists on my desk for the last day trying to figure it out. Help!

Profile photo of robl
    robl
    Participant

Hey @scluben, I hope you got sorted. What was the issue?

I struggled with FX sends – eventually I found I hadn’t altered the basic show config when trying Director at home, so I had no FX buses.

Mine was more obvs in hindsight as I couldn’t get FX sends onto strips until I enabled the FX buses, yet I could assign the returns strips.

Cheers, Rob

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.