First use of a dLive in anger

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions First use of a dLive in anger

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of dinhthaihoang dinhthaihoang 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of KeNickety
    KeNickety
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve got a reasonable amount of experience mixing on other digital boards, but this will be my first tour with a dLive. I’m currently in rehearsals with a c1500 and wondered whether the following things were possible.

Softkey to assign a fader level to the touch and turn knob (so I don’t have to have my master fader on the surface)
    Solo all members of a DCA by soloing the DCA
    Direct recall a scene and then return to position in cue list (to use scenes as extra banks of faders), I suppose I could do this with DCA spill.

I’d also appreciate any other hints and tricks or useful things to assign to hotkeys.

Nick

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

Direct recall a scene and then return to position in cue list (to use scenes as extra banks of faders), I suppose I could do this with DCA spill.

Use “scene direct recall” for softkeys to build different fader layouts, use “current cue list” in scenes to build order of songs. Only “current cue list” will be used to fire next/prev scene in scene control.

Profile photo of Duesenbert
    Duesenbert
    Participant

C1500 can be tight. You can use scenes to recall fader strip assignments (which I think is what you were referring to), and I’ve used this to create multiple virtual layers of faders (in addition to your ABCDEF layers) for different parts of the show, etc. Basically as many as you want, or at least as many as you can put on softkeys.

Profile photo of Martijn
    Martijn
    Participant

Hi Nick,
    The scene system can be used to fully customise the surface and change the layout (Faders, Lights, Softkeys, etc) on the fly.
    This can be very powerful and only needs little preparation.

It depends on if you are doing FOH, Mon or both what works best.

I like the softkey “Sel Mix PAFL Scene” on a C1500: with one softkey you activate the Select (Activates processing screen), MIX (activates sends on fader), PAFL (Activates PAFL), Scene (triggers a specific scene (For example a specific fader layout).

The use the DCA spills together with MCA and this gives you a very powerful small format mon desk.

The scene system can be filtered down do to really specific stuff (Fader layout, 1 EQ etc). (And yes there are some tricks to (ob)use the role system to use specific scenes as “tools” while being able to keep advancing thru your show scene’s.

If you want to learn more on your specific tour please reach out (eIther PM me, get in touch with Nick Turner from AT UK or send an email to support).

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

Softkey to assign a fader level to the touch and turn knob (so I don’t have to have my master fader on the surface)

Not that I know of. However, if you can find a convenient place to put something roughly the size of a light switch, you could assign your master fader to an IP1.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

To get more space on the layers one can use the DCA spill feature.
    It is possible to spill channels that are normally not on a layer.

Profile photo of dinhthaihoang
    dinhthaihoang
    Participant

thank you for sharing

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.