Figuring out Firmware Version of Console from Showfile

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions Figuring out Firmware Version of Console from Showfile

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Ernst Ernst 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ernst
    Ernst
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I am wondering if it would be possible to view the dLive’s Firmware Version just from the show file with a text viewer? Got an upcoming show with an S5000, received the default show file from the venue but they did not respond to my query about the console’s firmware version.

Trying to programme the console on the dLive Director but I’m unable to open their show file as it seems my software’s version is different from the show file.

Thanks!

Profile photo of msteel
    msteel
    Participant

I looked at some of the default shows that are contained inside the firmware files.
    At least those shows are a compressed directory structure with a .tar.gz extension. They should be readable by *nix utilities; I used 7zip on Windows.
    It appears that file formats may have changed from v1.8x to v1.9x. I don’t have any older files than 1.86.
    If you can get inside the firmware file, look for the version.dat file. It appears that it contains a text code, and “11” appears to refer to the 1.80 file format, and “12” appears to refer to the 1.90 file format.

Be aware that some utilities might have the ability to modify-in-place so I recommend making a copy before messing around inside the file to make sure you don’t introduce any corruption.

Also consider the possibility that it is not a version mismatch issue, but that the file won’t open because it is corrupted.

Profile photo of Ernst
    Ernst
    Participant

Thank you for the response, I tried it and found the text code 12. Installed the v1.90 firmware and was able to open the file!

Profile photo of msteel
    msteel
    Participant

Is there a reason you didn’t want to install the latest v1.98 firmware? Unless I’m mistaken newer firmware should be able to read any older file, and you would get any new features or bug fixes as well.

Profile photo of Ernst
    Ernst
    Participant

I had done a show few years prior and remembered that their console was not always the latest version, although I did try opening their default file with a v1.92 director but it caused an error.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.