Fader positioning with new S/W update

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Fader positioning with new S/W update

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mole Mole 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of alfaomega
    alfaomega
    Participant

I have just updated the new firmware 1.82.
    Unfortunately the faders doesn’t go back to the initial position after switching between LR and the Mix monitors.
    I have re-calibrated the faders, but the result is the same after some manipulations.
    For 4 to 5 faders I have a delta of up to +4db on LR or Mix.

Each time I put them back to 0 the faders moves again out of the position after some switching. I find the same delta on the same faders.

I would appreciate to have a quick solution or I have to go back to the previous firmware version.

Thank you for your support.

alfaomega
    Participant

I have uploaded a previous firmware and had again the same problem.
    I have tried again the calibration, but the result is the same.

It is completely frustrating and the mixer is absolute useless, if it don’t goes to the initial fader position.

The problem has started with the last firmware update. never had this problem before.

Thank you to advise.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Do the faders in Qu-Pad go to the correct position, or do they match the desk? This may indicate whether the problem is physical or software based.

alfaomega
    Participant

Thanks MarkPAmin to react on my post.

1st of all I have a QU24 and I don’t work with a iPAD. All my manipulations are done manually on the desk.

The 1st switches between LR and Mix-X are going correct on the right position, but from around the 3-4 switches the delta + 1-4db is appearing on the faders. By the way, I have observed the same problem on GEQ.

Following observations:
    – LR on 0db and Mix-X -50db or opposite => the 1st 3 times, positioning soft and correct, afterwards the faders hits strong the -50db position and then the delta appears.
    – LR or Mix-X not on -50db position, but something else, => no problem all time the faders goes to the right position
    – Before to pass from LR to Mix-X or opposite, I select between the Layer bottom => all is OK, no problem with the positioning.

This different test shows that it is not a hardware problem, but that the software is loosing the info after several repeating.

Profile photo of Mole
    Mole
    Participant

Hi all.
    I’ve just updated firmware and am having a similar issue. Though different.
    When i start the desc alls fine faders moving as should between mixes etc.
    after ten or twenty mins of mixing on the pad i notice that faders have stopped moving though all recalling in the qu pad.
    just done a test with the router disconnected, restarted, all ok. ten mins faders have gone to sleep…. …..
    oh dear!

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Download previous V 1.73 and install. See what that does.

Profile photo of Mole
    Mole
    Participant

ok.
    Just about to back date firmware!
    after a bit of a play seems to be brought on by the use of GEQ. not as soon as i use it but very shortly after..
    will post back after.

Profile photo of Mole
    Mole
    Participant

back to 1.73 same thing going on. faders have stopped moving.As you move through different layers the sound changes to where the faders are frozen!!

Hay MarkPAmin did you find a solution?
    Gig tomorrow should be fun!!

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Sorry, ive not had the problem. Both my desks are still on 1.81.

Profile photo of Mole
    Mole
    Participant

Hard reset seems to have fixed the problem.
    Thanks all.

Profile photo of TOMA
    TOMA
    Participant

Me too have notice same happening on my Qu 16 as ALHPAOMEGA Qu 24, I’m downloading the 1.82v maintenance release, hope it fixes these issues even though it is not mentioned on the release notes.

Profile photo of Mole
    Mole
    Participant

My problem is back. ten mins after startup all faders go to sleep!!!
    Had a gig last night, was a bit of a nightmare, luckily qu pad still operated normally, couldn’t touch the desk from 10 mins after startup for 3 hours!!
    going to contact a&h tomorrow!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.