Effects on ME-1

Forums Forums ME Forums ME general discussions Effects on ME-1

Tagged: 

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of GCumbee GCumbee 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mario
    Mario
    Participant

I’ve got the ME-1 connected directly from the QU-16 dSnake (don’t have a rack). Is there a way to send/set up effects on the ME-1?
    Thanks!

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Are you meaning returning effects to the ME? The FX1 returns to 25-26 on the ME. FX 2 is 27-28. You can see that in SETUP>OUTPUT PATCH>25-40

Profile photo of Mario
    Mario
    Participant

You are THE MAN, GCumbee!! I was able to set it up. Thank you very much!!!

However, I suppose the level of effects is “global” on the ME-1. Meaning, on the ME-1 side, I’ve got FX1 on channel 15 and FX2 on channel 16. If I move the levels on those two channels, the levels impacts ALL the channels on the ME-1. Is that correct?

Wondering if there’s a way to mute or set the effects level to specific channel on the ME-1.

Regards!

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Are you adjusting the master control? The top right one? You should be adjusting the bottom trim control. Up/turn adjust level. Push/turn adjust pan or balance. If you have FX1 on 15 then you should only be adjusting it with the turn of the trim.

Profile photo of Mario
    Mario
    Participant

Is there a way to set specific/separate levels of effects for each of the different channels on the ME-1? As an example, “low” amount/level of effects on channel 1 (say background vocal), mid amount for channel (lead vocal) and high amount of channel 3. As for the “type” of effects”, I realized that I can only have 2 different kinds, like reverb for FX1 and delay for FX2 for all the channels on the ME-1.

Hope I explained that clearly.

Thanks!!

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I guess the short answer would be no. That is asking the ME to do way more than it was intended to do. It is basically a 16×2 mixer with the ability to have groups within the 16 to actually mix more than 16 but they still signal flow down to stereo out. No way to route and channel to another channel and at various amounts. That gets very complicated.

Profile photo of Mario
    Mario
    Participant

Got it. Thanks!

Profile photo of Mario
    Mario
    Participant

One more question. With my set up of connecting directly from the dSnake of the QU-16 to the ME-1, does the “auto channel naming” work, or does it have to go through a rack or hub?
    Thanks!

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Yes. Select preset on ME and select 1-16. Names will show. Make a name chsnge on the console and it will show up on the ME.

Profile photo of Mario
    Mario
    Participant

Yes, it name changes work with dSnake connected to the ME-1 or yes, only through a rack or hub? I don’t have a rack or hub.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

No rack or him needed. Direct works fine.

Profile photo of Mario
    Mario
    Participant

OK, I’ll give it a shot. Thanks!

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

That should have read rack or hub. Think that was an autocorrect thing.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.