"Editor Live Control Surface" mode

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD feature suggestions "Editor Live Control Surface" mode

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike Storm Mike Storm 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

I’ve been watching this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qNaTzOWXIg

It’s an iLive system so it’s inherently designed to work with processing and I/O in one location and control via remote, but the same thing happens with the GLD though when you connect a laptop to it running Editor.

You have one device handling processing and I/O and remote devices controlling parameters within that processing.

When I connect my laptop to the GLD I have a system where I have one set of processing and two separate control surfaces. Only one of those control surfaces gives me faders and knobs, but does it have to be so?

What if there was a mode that would give you a networkable GLD control surface with it’s audio processing disabled that could appear to the main audio processing GLD as though it was just like the laptop? You could do a 24 channel input split and have a FOH / MON system without having to do any actual audio splitting at all.

Chris

Profile photo of Mike Storm
    Mike Storm
    Participant

If you can afford the second GLD, why not throwing in 2x ACE cards (or Dante) so you get your split system with all 48 channels?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘GLD feature suggestions’ is closed to new topics and replies.