dyn8 output level (adding gain)

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive troubleshooting dyn8 output level (adding gain)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of andia andia 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of andia
    andia
    Participant

today I saw that dyn8 is somehow adding gain even though it should not. when I looked at the meters I saw that the level of my LR-fed matrices have a little bit more level than LR itself. this made me wonder, because LR is “pinned down” (with liveprofessor) in a limiter. when I further investigated I found out that it happens in the dyn8 instances on the matrices. if I see it right, that should not be. the dyn8 have their thresholds at maximum (+18) and do nothing and are just there “in case of…” so where does the level+ come from? is there a hidden outputlevel control? is it a bug? maybe someone can shed a light on that…

thank you,
    andi

Profile photo of andia
    andia
    Participant

and it is in th multi bd4 part. when all bands are deactivated the level is correct.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

There are gain settings on each band of the multiband EQ and multiband compressor. Are those settings at zero? That gain would affect the signal even if the threshold is so high that the dynamic element isn’t being activated.

Profile photo of andia
    andia
    Participant

yes, they are at 0. I am in contact with support and will post, when something comes up.

Profile photo of RuneS
    RuneS
    Participant

How much gain are we talking? I’ve inserted Dyn8 on tracks while audio is playing plenty of times and have not heard any ‘audible’ changes…at least I don’t recall that being the case.

If it just a very slight increase, then perhaps it could be explained by the cross-overs in the Dyn8. Try changing the filters from 24dB to 6dB in the multiband comp. to see if that changes the amount of gain.

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

The Dyn8 has a master trim option that might be worth double-checking.

Profile photo of andia
    andia
    Participant

it seems to be a strange metering issue involving the insert slots. and of course only became apparent because of the limiter in my LR chain.

if insertA of mainLR is deactivated, levels on metersMTX match levels on metersLR (MTX having dyn8 fully activated on insertA)

if insertA of mainLR is activated and MTX having dyn8 fully activated on its insertA, levels on MTX meters still show pre insertA Metering levels of mainLR.

if insertA of mainLR is activated and dyn8 of MTX has all bands of multibd4 deactivated, levels of meterMTX match levels of meterLR.

I have sent all information to A&H support.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.