DVD one channel output to QU-32

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions DVD one channel output to QU-32

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of HUMC43324 HUMC43324 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of HUMC43324
    HUMC43324
    Participant

I am a media tech at our church. Our music director has a DVD that has vocals on the left channel and the music on the right channel. The DVD is used for the choir to listen to to learn the songs.
    One the day the choir sings for our Sunday service, we want to be able to play the right channel only and hear it coming out of both the left and right speakers.
    I know I can hard wire the right channel into both the left and right inputs using a Y-adapter, but is there any way to do this with the settings on the Qu-32?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@humc43324

There are two possibilities here:
    If your DVD player is connected to a couple of mono channels which are linked, you’ll need to unlink them (in the processing preamp page) then you’ll be able to treat them as two mono signals, mute the left channel and pan the right channel to the centre.
    If instead you are using a stereo input – these are semi normalled, meaning that if you only connect to the left input socket, it will go to both left and right channels (the ‘M’ in the ‘L/M’ labelling is for ‘Mono’). So all you’d need to do is connect the right channel from the DVD player to the left (the mono) input.

Hope this helps!
    Keith.

Profile photo of HUMC43324
    HUMC43324
    Participant

Thank you for the information.

We are using stereo input. So I will try just the LM only.

That should take care of my issue.

Thanks again!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.