Ducking

This topic contains 12 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of willmodelisme willmodelisme 2 days, 20 hours ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Semetery
    Semetery
    Participant

Hi there,

I would love the ability to do channel ducking. I’m sure it could come in handy for others for live events and things, but for me, I’d use it for podcasting. Being able to duck the Bluetooth channel as well would seal the deal!

Profile photo of robbocurry
    robbocurry
    Participant

+1
    I’m wondering if the AMM can be tweaked to do a similar job?
    I use it for bgm in a livestream on my QU, it’s very useful.

Profile photo of Si5Bellies
    Si5Bellies
    Participant

Pretty Please Keith and co. Ducking is a really important tool for our work on live events.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

I’d also like to see ducking added. I actually think it is MORE important to have ducking on a console designed for the small events/situations because it is more likely there won’t be an audio engineer monitoring things all the time.

For example, I routinely use it at neighborhood events that have a PA set up for background music and announcements to duck the background music a little further when someone starts speaking on the mic.

Profile photo of Robert
    Robert
    Participant

I think that’s what the AMM is for. It appears to pull back other channels, and I don’t see any restriction on them being other mic inputs.

You would just set your talk mic to a higher priority and turn AMM on for all the channels in use (I think).

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

+1

Profile photo of GulaschCowboy
    GulaschCowboy
    Participant

+1
    I need a ducker, or the option of a sidechain compression.

Profile photo of rmhewa
    rmhewa
    Participant

Side chain compression pls. Thank you!

Profile photo of Yvo
    Yvo
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of tonzwerg
    tonzwerg
    Participant

Ducking is really important, as we use the CQ a lot for small events with music and moderation so you would not need to have a technician at the place all of the time.

Profile photo of BloodyCactus
    BloodyCactus
    Participant

Id gladly sacrifice all the reverb effects, chorus, delay and flanger effects for a compressor with sidechain for ducking!

I mean, my guitars have pedals and my synths have inbuilt effects. not sure why I need umpteen dozen reverb/chorus/delay/flanger effects but yet cant have a compressor with sidechain 🙁

Profile photo of Bassman74
    Bassman74
    Participant

Hi,

an additional usecase for my CQ20-B is mixing of a live comments/talk (mic) over an audio stream commming from a phone/tablet/pc or the SD card.

I see two posible aaproaches inside the CQ20-B:

1. to add the ST_IN / USB / BT / SD channel as inputs to the AMM
    2. a more versitile approach would be to get sidechain in the compressors

Profile photo of willmodelisme
    willmodelisme
    Participant

+1.
    In the time being you can achieve proper ducking with the use of external VST pluging.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.