DT168 Preamp Not Responsive

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting DT168 Preamp Not Responsive

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SouthRidge_Nate SouthRidge_Nate 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SouthRidge_Nate
    SouthRidge_Nate
    Participant

Does anyone have any troubleshooting suggestions for a non-responsive input preamp on the DT168.

For our drum kit I’ve got channels 9-16 indicating that phantom power is on (red led), however back at the console (SQ-6) I have no control of turning phantom power on or off. If I take the mic/cable (requires phantom power) and plug into another preamp that we use for the drum kit, I get audio signal through that channel so I know it’s not the mic or cable.

I have tried power cycling the entire system a couple of times but this preamp remains in a non functional state.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

Allen and Heath makes a software to control Dante stage boxes without having to use a console. I realize it’s a long shot, but you might want to install that software and see if you can control the preamp using the software.

SouthRidge_Nate
    Participant

Hi Brian,
    Thanks for the suggestion, I’m downloading the Dante Preamp Controller and will try that out.

SouthRidge_Nate
    Participant

Well I couldn’t get the software working, I’ll work on that another time. However, in attempting to get the software working I opened up Dante Controller and immediately I saw my problem, someone had changed the link of transmitter to receiver for the DT168 to SQ-6. Re-established the correct link and it all worked.

Lesson learned…. don’t forget someone may make unauthorized changes to the Dante Controller (insert face-palm)!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.