double-patching inputs – Aux mix

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD troubleshooting double-patching inputs – Aux mix

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of dcongdon dcongdon 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dcongdon
    dcongdon
    Participant

I haven’t run across this feature yet in the video tutorials or forum, but does anyone know if the GLD can double-patch an input with independent processing? I’ve seen this with the Si series (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5HVYx1Pq7w&list=UUsFbhLZM_Bs7bSSiFNZeOfA). For smaller shows, this seems like a practical way to make adjustments to signal processing for stage mixes without impacting the house mix. We run into several of these shows a year. Granted, the majority of our clients have the budgets to cover an additional gld at monitors…but sometimes FOH has to cover both roles.

If this is currently not possible, I’ll just add this to the suggestion list. If others can pipe in with why this is a bad idea (aside from the fear you would send both patches to LR), I’m interested. Has this feature come back to haunt anyone on here?

Daniel
    Focal Audio & Design
    Portland, OR

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

If you mean sending one socket to multiple strips it has been covered before. Just go to preamp section of second strip and select the socket you want to duplicate.

Profile photo of dcongdon
    dcongdon
    Participant

perfect. thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.