dLive for Musical Theatre Questions

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions dLive for Musical Theatre Questions

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of kizza42 kizza42 10 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of kizza42
    kizza42
    Participant

I’ve been running musicals on M32 for a few years but have hit its limit and I need to start looking at moving “up” to dLive for my next shows but as I research, I’m hitting roadblocks and missing QoL features that I’ve taken for granted…
    To get started, Does anyone know if there is a way to automate starting/stopping USB recording via Qlab Midi control or other some other automated method?
    I usually grab the board mix but automate the recording start with my preshow announcement cue in qlab so I don’t accidentally forget to start it,
    Qlab later stops it when with my post show reset cue. Seemingly all the more important now as I wont necessarily always have a Dante card available to do what I could do with the USB multitrack on M32 (easy to get Qlab to trigger Reaper for that).

Beyond that I’ll be looking for ways to auto set the odd DCA fader to a set level from qlab, I assume some Midi string is the only way to do that? This whole midi only things seems overly complicated having had the luxury of simple OSC commands for years! 😭

Better yet, does anyone have a dLive QLAB template they’d be willing to share?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.