dLive director-only for broadcast split

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions dLive director-only for broadcast split

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Wolfgang Wolfgang 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jamesheliker
    jamesheliker
    Participant

Hello –

I’m working on a venue that has an S5000 surface with DM64 rack, we would like to add a broadcast mix split, would it be initially possible to do this only with director software, perhaps utilizing a large touchscreen or two?

How would things like PAFL and monitor outputs work in this scenario? Are there problems / pitfalls to avoid mixing surface-less / only with director software?

Thanks

– James

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

Hello, James,

it is possible to operate the system only with the software and two touch screens.
    But I recommend to use at least one IP8, because real faders are simply safer to use. I do this for smaller jobs, where e.g. only a few speaker microphones are used.

The PAFL can then be reached via the headphone socket on the mixrack or via the XLR outputs. Alternatively you can output the PAFL signal via the digital 128channel ports, e.g. via MADI or Dante card.
    Then you need to figure out how to get this signal to the FOH. If you don’t have a cable link here, you can do this via a radio link, but it should also work via Dante Via, or via the now quite numerous 2-channel playout devices for the Dante network.

There is always a solution 😉

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.