DCA Metering/Treat as Folders

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions DCA Metering/Treat as Folders

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Nolan Nolan 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Nolan
    Nolan
    Participant

I usually use a custom layer on my SQ5 with some IP channels, some subgroups, some busses and some DCAs. (Hooray for custom fader banks!) Everything shows signal lights except the DCAs. It’s a little hard to see what’s happening at a glance because of this. Can the Pk light show some kind of indication of what’s happening on the DCA, please!

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi Nolan,

Please see the following thread and those linked within, as they discuss the reasons why no metering is displayed on DCA channel strips.

DCA Meter

If you’ve already seen these and this is a separate suggestion though, what is it that you would like be displayed / how would it be useful to you?

Thanks,
    Keith.

Profile photo of Nolan
    Nolan
    Participant

Keith,

Thanks for the reply. This addresses my issue. I still think it would be nice to view the pk level of all channels, so if one channel is clipping within it, you get a pk light. The fact that there are so many requests for it means we’re looking for the signal and it’s not there. It’s just a quick way to tell you’re getting signal within that DCA.

Nolan

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.