Daw control with Protools

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting Daw control with Protools

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Sparky Sparky 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Sparky
    Sparky
    Participant

I have had my SQ6 Since June 2019. My issue is daw control with Protools. I have optimized the computer(s) per Avid suggested optimization, setup the daw controller 1.71 and I get the system to work perfectly for about 1.5 hours. For no apparent reason, the faders stop responding and the “Hui has lost communication” message from Protools box opens up. When I go to the task manager, the daw control driver is no longer running. If I close Protools, restart the driver, and restart Protools, everything works again for another 1.5 or so. I have tried this on 2 different computers, one AMD based, 1 Intel based, bothe running Windows 10, one is windows 10 home, one is windows 10 professional. I have reported this to A&H . Tech support stated they could not duplicate the issue and bumped it to the developers. That was many months ago. So far nothing. Has anyone else experienced this and/or have a solution/suggestion. FWIW, SQ6 emulated is NOT checked and I have loaded, deleted, and reloaded the drivers several times. While its working, its great. I just have to work fast! I,m using the SQ6 as a console in my home studio . Avid does not officially support the HUI protocol anymore but just before I upgraded to the SQ6, and old Maudio Projectmix i/o control surface I have worked perfectly. It seems the daw control driver from A&H and Protools don’t play well together. Any thoughts, help , would be much appreciated

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

hmm ProFools…

both computers have ProTools? Did you tried it with a different DAW?
    if it works in a different DAW with no problems, PT is your problem

Profile photo of Sparky
    Sparky
    Participant

After some cleanup work in windows 10, deleting old shadow copies, unused drivers etc I have now been able to run daw control driver 1.6 with no problems for many hours at a time. When I uninstall 1.6 and reinstall 1.71, the same problems return. Everything works for 45 minutes to 1.5 hours then the 1.71 driver stops working and has to be manually restarted. If I uninstall 1.71 and reinstall 1.6, everything works fine again. I have repeated this scenario several times with the same results each time. I,m on Pro Tools 2020.5 and Windows 10 latest updates installed. I would like to know if others using the SQ6 with Pro Tools and have been able to run it successfully for long periods using daw driver 1.71 with no HUI communication issues. If they had previous issues and were able to resolve them, I would like to know what they found. This doesn’t seem to be high on the list of priories for A&H and I can operate the SQ6 as a control surface on daw driver 1.6 but the lack of channel names on 1.6 really slows the work flow down. Any suggestions are appreciated

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.