DANTE VICE DSNAKE FOR INPUTS

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions DANTE VICE DSNAKE FOR INPUTS

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Rick Rick 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Rick
    Rick
    Participant

Is anyone using or considered using a DANTE enabled device as an input front end for the GLD series equipped with M-DANTE in either a live or studio recording situation? I have a GLD-112 and AR 2412 on the way for home recording purposes but already have a DANTE equipped product with 16 inputs. I’m thinking that I might not need the AR2412 if latency of the DANTE inputs to/through the GLD-112 to the MAC isn’t too bad. I plan to track through and mix down through the GLD-112. Any issues with this approach? Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Rick

Profile photo of Mrvoltz
    Mrvoltz
    Participant

I don’t see why that wouldn’t work.
    I haven’t tried to do that, our setup is a little different, we are at full capacity with an AR2412, AB168, AR84 and of course the Dante card.
    We went with the Dante card primarily for multi track recording and for an easy way to network audio for streaming or remote overflow etc.
    I am looking forward to virtual sound check and training but I haven’t had the time to configure that yet. It’s not as easy as on the QU series mixers.

Profile photo of Rick
    Rick
    Participant

Thanks Mrvolz. My GLD arrived and hopefully I can test it out this weekend.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.