Dante Issue Dlive

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive troubleshooting Dante Issue Dlive

This topic contains 14 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Robert
    Robert
    Participant

I have a Dlive CDM48 and C3500 (dante card 128×128) all current firmware 1.84, if i run dante virtual sound card on just 1 computer to the system as in input all is fine but if i try and use 2 computers with DVS one setup for tracks and 1 setup to do virtual soundcheck i have clock issues this will happen with either windows 10 or Mac OSx. Dante Via does not cause a problem and seems to run fine with Dante virtual sound card to the console.

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

Dante Via does not cause a problem and seems to run fine with Dante virtual sound card to the console.

Don’t understand what you mean with this, as Dante Via and DVS will not run together on one computer.

Profile photo of Robert
    Robert
    Participant

Sorry Dante Via is on a music playback computer for walkin / walkout music
    PC 1 – Dante Via for Walkin and walkout music
    PC 2 – DVS for virtual Sound check
    PC 3 or Mac – DVS for Tracks playback (this will have a clock issue if DVS is running on PC 2)

i have not had this problem with other consoles yamaha, soundcraft, digico

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

And how have you set sync for all the devices in Dante Controller and dLive?

Profile photo of Robert
    Robert
    Participant

Sync on Dlive set to master clock and slave to ext. all devices set to 48K

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

Are all 3 computers connected to Dante card using the same switch?

It is very unlikely, that these issues are caused by the Dante card in your dLive. If one unit fails, it is due to a network or config problem. And as you have tested 2 different computers for that purpose, I suggest it being on the network hardware side of things.
    How does the “clock issue” affect the playback? Drop outs?

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

looks like something is wrong in your DANTE setup
    what is the controller showing?
    to mention clocking issues is not enough

Profile photo of Robert
    Robert
    Participant

i got it resolved so it looks to be more with the mac drive not playing right with the switches and was able to address. clock issues on windows seemed to repair themselves and look to have been an artifact of troubleshooting the initial clock issue.

when i was having clock issues with audio from the artifact Dante controller was showing all green but the mac and the logs were reading all good.

Profile photo of outside-the-box
    outside-the-box
    Participant

Hello Folks,

I have another issue with dante setup on Dlive. Or my knowledge is too poor to do this correctly.

I have Date 64×64 card in my dlive C1500 or C3500. Is it possible to have a stable connection for recording and playbacks without weird dropouts, if the SYNC of the mix rack is set to internal clock?? Or I have to always switch to syncing to dante card??

With the software 1.82 I had only issues when I was trying to do Virtual Soundchecks. I then always had to switch to Dante card Sync. But now with firmware 1.84 I got several recordings with drops. Therefore I switched permanently to Dante sync in my mixrack.

What am I doing wrong??

Cheers 🙂

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant
    SteffenR
    Participant

just to mention your recording has poblems, without your complete Dante setup does not help, so more information needed to dig deeper
    but the link from RS might be helpful and clear the problem

Profile photo of arock
    arock
    Participant

outside-the-box, you are not doing anything wrong. Having your mixrack sync to Dante is the correct way to avoid clocking issues when using the Dante card. In general, Dante clocking issues can be avoided by adhering to the phrase “the network is the clock”. Every device on your Dante network should derive its clock from the Dante card it contains, and then let the network elect the clock master (unless you have a need for a preferred master).

SteffenR
    Participant

let the network handle the clock would be the better suggestion and make the console the master
    setting preferred master and you have to enable the Dante64 to sync to external
    that means that it will choose the dlive as the clock source and then distribute that clock in the network
    and now all devices could sync to the network

if you leave the network alone and do not syncing it to the Dante64
    it will fall back to my scenario above when there is the Dant64 and DVS in the network available only
    DVS could not be the clock master

Every device on your Dante network should derive its clock from the Dante card it contains

that leads to the situation that an unimportant device could be the clock master and not your console
    as stated before set the Dante64 preferred master and sync to external to ensure your console will provide the clock for everything

but again
    to trouble shoot your situation we need more information

Profile photo of outside-the-box
    outside-the-box
    Participant

My config is simple: C3500 + Dante64 in port 4 – Cat cable to Macbook pro 15 retina 2015 + DVS running and recording to reaper 🙂

SteffenR
    Participant

as stated… clock master will ever be the desk
    DVS is not able to be the clock master
    leave everything with the default setting and you should be good

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.