Dante I/O For Prime Modules?

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions Dante I/O For Prime Modules?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Hugh Hugh 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of tourtelot
    tourtelot
    Participant

Is there any news on this front?

24×12 would be ideal but I’d take a 16×8.

D.

Profile photo of standard
    standard
    Participant

If you had a DX32 with Prime inputs connected to your SQ with a Dante card, wouldn’t you be able to

a) remotely control the Prime preamps and

b) transmit those Prime signals to the Dante network?

I’m asking honestly because I’m curious. The Primes, as well as Dante compatibility, are very appealing to me.

This might not be what you’re looking for, though.

Profile photo of Tobi
    Tobi
    Participant

yes.

Profile photo of Hugh
    Hugh
    Participant

At this point the only device that A&H has authorized to house the “Primes is the DX32: It has a 4K price point and will house 4 banks of IN & Outs that can be primes or analog D-Live banks along with two other types of ancillary connectivity available. It is very apparent to me that A&H is determined to maintain tight control of deployment of their unique high quality Prime I/Os. The $350. per channel pre price point along with $165. per channel for the required housing presents a whopping $500+ per channel expense for the I?Os that are apparently optimized for FPGA processing. It is highly unlikely the primes will be available for anything resembling open deployment that would derail their market movement to leadership in sonic quality led by the new Digico Quantum console. At that level dante is probably not on the menu.
    Hugh

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.