CQ software revolution vs evolution.

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ General Discussions CQ software revolution vs evolution.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Lee7 Lee7 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of robbocurry
    robbocurry
    Participant

I’m on the cusp of adding a CQ to my kit, I’ve been playing with one on display at my local distributor Reasound.
    I’m very taken by the compact size of the CQ12T although the CQ18T has a lot more on it for just £200 more – but sadly not in stock:(

Firstly I’d like to thank A&H for making this brill little mixer, it’s built like a tank and sounds fantastic.
    I swear by the brand and appreciate all the feedback Keith & Nicola give here on the forums!
    However, working with the CQ software I wished it was more like QU-Mix which I’ve been using since launch – sorry!
    Given time, I’m sure it’ll become more natural but it’s just not clicking with me right now.
    New product, new software – I get that.
    Was it necessary to change it completely to accommodate the product, or just change for change’s sake?

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

@robbocurry

I sort of agree with you re the app, looks great and works fine, but I don’t find it as responsive as the QU-Mix and little bit clunky. To move a fader for example you have to first select the responding fader/channel before you make any changes. Whereas with QU-Mix app it is faster.

Having used the CQ-20B now on 3 shows and sort of getting used to how it works, I think it will mature into a great little mixer for many different groups. The app I hope receives upgrades along the way.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.