CQ-18T WIFI IP

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ troubleshooting CQ-18T WIFI IP

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of glenndincnj glenndincnj 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Bill_2112
    Bill_2112
    Participant

First post for me as I just picked up the new CQ-18T as my first ever A&H mixer.

The only problem I’ve noticed at this point is that when setting up the CQ as a WiFi Access Point the IP address is auto-assigned as 192.168.2.1, unless I’m just missing this. The problem is that I have two routers in the house and one of them uses this same 192.168.2.x/24 range and the conflicting IP creates all kinds of collisions. I am able to wire the CQ via ethernet and that works fine but being able to configure the onboard WiFi IP would be ideal. Beyond my personal home network I can absolutely see where running this at a venue could encounter the same situation without being able to configure this IP.

Thanks much!

Profile photo of Matmah
    Matmah
    Participant

I know it would handy to be able to config the ip address, but can’t you change it on the other router as a work around?

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

I guessing here but there more than likely is a set up menu to change the internal WIFI and ethernet settings.

The lowly Soundcraft UI series has that option.

Bill_2112
    Participant

@matmah, yes I could just change my router IP and use it as a workaround, but is seems like this would something pretty straight-forward to implement on the CQ.

Profile photo of nottooloud
    nottooloud
    Participant

If you’re using the access point, why is it connected to your local network?

Bill_2112
    Participant

It’s not connected to the local network, but because the CQ is set at 192.168.2.1 I’m experiencing collisions with my home router . I can work around it, but just seems like setting the IP is something that pretty easily could have been implemented on the CQ, and hopefully will be sometime.

Profile photo of nottooloud
    nottooloud
    Participant

How are you getting collisions without the networks seeing each other? Are you connecting a computer to both your home network and the mixer wifi?

Profile photo of AdamsFlys
    AdamsFlys
    Participant

I’m confused how you’re getting issues with the two devices having the same IP on different networks. Both networks are air gapped from each other, and so there shouldn’t be any sort of IP conflict, unless possibly you’re trying to connect to multiple networks from a single device, in which case would it not just make more sense to wire the cq anyway and have everything on the same network and talking to each other?

Profile photo of glenndincnj
    glenndincnj
    Participant

The two posts above are correct.
    Before an IP is attempted to be reached, the device needs to know what network/SSID it is connected to/working with. So you can have the same IP on both with no conflicts since the SSID the device is connecting to can only be set to one or the other. “BillsRouter1″/192.168.2.1 and “CQ-18T”/192.168.2.1 are different things (where what is in quotes is the SSID, not the Domain or something else…not sure exactly how to represent that correctly but that’s what I chose).
    You didn’t try to name the two networks the same…meaning their SSIDs, did you? If you did, yeah that could cause some wonky stuff for sure I would think because you shouldn’t do that!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.