CQ-18T Aerial Replacement

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ General Discussions CQ-18T Aerial Replacement

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of gabo gabo 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SteveC
    SteveC
    Participant

I’m sure I read somewhere the aerial was easily removed and can be replaced. Mine just spins round (with some light resistance) but no sign of it unscrewing? Should it come off?!

Profile photo of Chienmort
    Chienmort
    Participant

Grab the bottom, right at the bottom, below the hinge point. Then you should be able to unscrew it.

Profile photo of SteveC
    SteveC
    Participant

So the bit below the hinge point is just about visible / accessible using a pair of thin, long nose pliers, but that just spins round with the rest of the ariel. Can’t see how you’d get lower than that without disassembling?

Profile photo of Chienmort
    Chienmort
    Participant

Hopefully someone else will help. I have a CQ20. I am sorry I could not help.

Profile photo of SteveC
    SteveC
    Participant

No worries, thankyou for trying!

Profile photo of SteveC
    SteveC
    Participant

I opened a support ticket in the end – A&H have just confirmed removal is not supported and could void the warranty.

Profile photo of gabo
    gabo
    Participant

Haha, classic. Send it back to us, wait 3 months, meanwhile you don’t have it for shows, then we’ll say it’s not covered in warranty and give you a price that’s almost as much as buying a new one to fix it. The warranty is only one year, IF they determine it’s covered. And I’m not really ragging on A&H too much for this, it’s pretty standard practice.

I bet it’s got a screw ring on the bottom of it that’s loose, so it spins. Spinning will break the wires, so don’t do that. Probably have to open it up and see if you can get to the place where it’s attached.

I would open it up and see if I could fix it. Or you could use an external router and wait out the year warranty and then do it. But then again I have repaired many things over the years. YMMV, I take no responsibility for whatever happens. 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.