Corrupted SQ-Drive recording

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting Corrupted SQ-Drive recording

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of imrambi imrambi 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of imrambi
    imrambi
    Participant

My church is currently transitioning to a SQ-6, and today I wanted to do a direct recording of the pastor so we can get a good sound check without him and get his vocal EQed. During the service, everything seemed to be going smoothly as I was using the SQ-drive, which I have done before with no problem. During the preaching, the lights were flickering, and it looked like it was recording. Once done, I stopped the recording, and unplugged the drive. When I went to find the track, it was missing. Upon a scandisk in Windows, the files showed up under Linux in a FOUND.000 folder. I have one 819.2 kB file, and a 1.6GB file. According to a hex editor, the 1.6GB almost filled with 00s. If I import the files into Audacity, it seems I might have 1/8 of a second of audio, but can’t make out what it is.

What could have gone wrong? When I unplugged the drive after stopping the recording, I didn’t see any read/write activity.

I’m using this USB stick (which at the time of purchase, looked like it worked fine): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MU8TZRV/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of imrambi
    imrambi
    Participant

After some thinking, I’m wondering if the recording was setup to be post main. If so, that would explain it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.