Connecting SQ-6 to Qu-24

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting Connecting SQ-6 to Qu-24

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Elian Elian 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Elian
    Elian
    Participant

Hi,
    I’ve recently taken delivery of a new SQ-6. I also purchased a sLink card for it. The main Slink port is connected to an AB168 and I want to connect the secondary port to the Qu-24. Unfortunately, I’m unable to get this second connection to work. The eventual aim is to be able to send channel data from the SQ-6 to the Qu-24, which functions as a livestream desk. I’ve updated both desks to the latest firmware.
    I tried setting the SQ-6 clock to I/O port at 48kHz but it won’t activate, presumably because it can’t negotiate a connection.

The documentation seems to indicate that this should work. So what am I, as a newbie, doing wrong?

Any suggestions gratefully received!

Many thanks.

Profile photo of Andre S
    Andre S
    Participant

Maybe this video hints you in the right direction: Connectiong SQ and QU

Profile photo of Elian
    Elian
    Participant

Hi Andre
    Thanks for taki8ng the time to reply. Yes, I’ve seen this video – in fact I followed it when trying to set this up. Unfortunately – no success!

Profile photo of Elian
    Elian
    Participant

Just to note that this issue was solved with the help of Allen & Heath technical support, who have been excellent.

The problem was that you apparently can’t do the patching from the Qu-24 I/O screen as the SQ-6 is not seen as an dSnake protocol expander box so it shows no connection. The solution is to access the Input patch screen by going to the processing window, selecting any channel and pressing the Library (fn) key. From here you can select your channels and assign them as received from dSnake.

Grateful thanks to Rafael from Allen & Heath for his assistance with this.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.