Confirm Scene Operations Behavior

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ troubleshooting Confirm Scene Operations Behavior

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of jmix jmix 5 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jmix
    jmix
    Participant

In HOME > SYSTEM > PREFERENCES under the automation settings area you have a toggle for “Confirm Scene Operations”. If it’s turned on, it will prompt you if you want to proceed before loading the scene. If it is turned off, then it will just load the scene. This works as intended IF you recall a scene from the scene page (HOME > SCENES).

Now, if you set one of the soft keys to recall a certain scene — it will do it immediatley — regardless of the selection in the “Confirm Scene Operations” menu. I learned this the hard way when I was almost done setting up my console and I accidentally hit the soft key before saving the scene — boom — the scene changed and I lost all my work. Very frustrating.

While I totally understand why you would want to have a soft key immediately recall a scene — in my opinion it should follow the global setting for “Confirm Scene Operations” to avoid the accidental disruption of bumping a soft key — especially on an iPad.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.