Configuring QU24 in the studio with Logic 9

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Configuring QU24 in the studio with Logic 9

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Andreas Andreas 8 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Riddim
    Riddim
    Participant

Hi

I have purchased a QU24 for my studio and i am having trouble understanding how to configure it correctly for a studio environment with Logic 9 and i hope you guys can help me.

I have installed the DAW control and that is working fine so far.

I want to stream from Logic into the QU24 individual channels, mix using the QU’s FX and then send it back into Logic.

Here is how i have it setup:
    I/O patch – USB audio
    Channels 1-16 CH1 to CH16
    17 – LR L
    18 – LR R
    Then
    19 is CH17 up to 26 which CH24
    27 ST1L
    28 ST1R
    29 ST2L
    30 ST2R
    31 ST3L
    32 ST3R
    CH/ST/Grp Source are bot set to Direct Outs

Processing – Source All channels are set to USB B and Global USB source is set to USB B Streaming

Within Logic i have each individual channel set to the Input 1 – Output 1, Input 2 – Output 2, etc

Here are the problems i am having:
    When i go to Home – Meters, although i have 20 channels of audio coming from Logic into the QU, only Channels 1 and 2 show that there is a signal, even though i can move any channel and the volume changes correctly, it just doesn’t show in the QU’s meters

If i raise the volume of channel 4 all the rest of the channels go into Mute with flashing red buttons. When i lower the volume of channel 4 all the mutes switch off again and the music comes back.

On the touch screen whatever channel i have selected on the mixer it only shows CH1 all the time and never changes.

Could you please give me some direction as to where i am going wrong and how i can configure the QU and Logic correctly. I am missing something completely here. I have read the manual and followed the instructions but there is nothing in the manual that explains the situation i am having.

Thanks a lot
    Robin

Profile photo of Riddim
    Riddim
    Participant

By the way i am on an Imac with OS 10.7 and running firmware 1.71

Profile photo of Riddim
    Riddim
    Participant

Hi

I have managed to get everything working correctly within the QU24 so that i can now record into Logic correctly (I didn’t realise that i had the volumes down on layer 1 and i thought that the custom layer would control the volume). The problem i am having now is that when i export the song from Logic as an MP3 it only bounces tracks 1 and 2 and ignores all the other channels. Also when i play the mp3 it plays track 1 on the left speaker and track 2 on the right speaker.

I have attached screen shots of the audio configuration in Logic and on my Imac. On the QU24 meter page the music is being played back on Mix LR

Can somebody help me and tell me where i am going wrong?
    Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Riddim
    Riddim
    Participant

Here is the audio midi page configuration from my mac

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

YALAQT – Yet another Logic and Qu Thread…
    Here’s a hub with additional info: mixing with logic via qu 32

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.