Channel reset function help

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ General Discussions Channel reset function help

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of BobbyDazzler59 BobbyDazzler59 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Newcroft
    Newcroft
    Participant

I’m just getting to grips with this mixer, it’s a CQ20B so I only have the CQMixApp to control it.
    I’m trying to reset some channels to make a different scene but I can’t get the RESET function to work.
    I’m in PROCESSING, I click the drop down, click reset, click on the channels I want to reset ….. then what do I do?
    Nothing I then click seems to make a difference, the channels stay the same 🙁
    Any advice?

Profile photo of millerthriller
    millerthriller
    Participant

Once you clicked at the part of the channels that you want to reset, you see a red box on top of the part (e.g PEQ, Comp, …). If you reset on the fader, the complete channel will be set to the default state.

To see the actual result, press on the drop down button. This removes the red boxes and you can see the setting after the reset.

Hope this helps …

Newcroft
    Participant

Thanks millerthriller. This seems to only reset the processing element not the entire channel. I need to find a way to reset the whole thing so I’m starting from scratch. At the moment the only way I found to nearly do that is to go into the config tab and use the EasyEQ option in Quick library and this sets a flat EQ and renames/colours the channel back to their original input reference. However, it doesn’t flatten any of the sends or the fader, so I’m having to go into each channel to pull them all back down to a start point. Is there no way to just reset the channels? Cheers.

Profile photo of millerthriller
    millerthriller
    Participant

I also don’t know a way to reset the send settings or the gain for a single chanel. So far I have not seen this as an issue.

For resetting the complete mixer you could use Home —> Home —> Quick Start

The way I use Shows / Scenes is the following:

* For every band I set up an own show with the required Channel Assignments (names, colors, stereo pairing, …)
    * In the show I create a scene with all faders set to off —> This is kind of a “reset” for this show
    * At gigs I create scenes inside the show after the sound check with the venue as name (can also be a good starting point for a similar venue)

This is not exactly what you are looking for, but maybe still useful.

Newcroft
    Participant

Good suggestions, thanks for that, I’ll give it a go.

Loving the mixer by the way…sound and workflow upgrade from an XR18 for sure. 🙂

Profile photo of BobbyDazzler59
    BobbyDazzler59
    Participant

only 4 weeks into exploration of the CQ20B, dug deep into whats what, but not actually addressed the reset issue, mainly as its just one band use by me, also the keys player so its gonna be fire and forget a little. Im using a touch screen laptop as main safe control, hardwired network via a decent network WiFi router and running A&H Mixpad adjacent to my keys rig. I also use an iPad via WiFi as alternate screen, 1st for sound checks FOH before retiring to stage etc. I followed forum advice by others and purchased the CQ version of Mixing Station, its really not much money compared to buying the unit itself, the app is less than a very small round of drinks for one…….I really does address some of the initial shortfalls on the native mix app. I can now create custom layouts to suit my workflow and quick glance/access whilst playing.
    Not only grouped layouts, you can add one or more iDCA to layouts, its a VCA basically, you create it then asign chosen channels to it. Thus one overall group fader AND group muting to boot. (It still does not provide a simple group mute function button however, its part of that group fader but works fine. I created one for drum group, one for backline instr, one for vocals and one for all the input channels leaving just background music channels, thus theres no live gear or mics on stage when vacated/intervals/preshow. And I now have group control over each section too.
    I have more investigating to do to be gig ready by March with new band project. Hopefully now the first Bug fix firmware update has been released, there may be some new functions in the next firmware update as requested by forum subscribers. One thing I noted is the thumb nail screen sliders now show red if a mute is active. That is and would have been handy the 2 days before I noticed it whilst doing exploratory drum setups with our drummer. Now I can see whats muted during processing.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.