Channel delay not transmitted to Monitors Mix

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting Channel delay not transmitted to Monitors Mix

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Some1else Some1else 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Some1else
    Some1else
    Participant

Hi guys.

Is there a Bug in Channel Delay?For example:
    On Input 1 i got a guitar. This Input is routed to Channel Fader 1 and 2 and from there to the Main L/R and also to a Stereo Monitor Mix. On Channel Fader 2 i set a Channel Delay for 8ms to get the guitar into a Stereo Panorama.
    When Listening to L/R Mix via Headphones or directly on the PA, the delay Setting for Fader 2 works perfectly

The Problem is that the delay is not transmitted to the Stereo Monitor Mix!
    Is that Bug or is it a Feature?

Kind regards

Andy

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@some1else

By default, input channels are sent to Auxes Post-PEQ, which is before the compressor and the delay in the signal path.
    As shown here – https://www.allen-heath.com/media/SQ_ReferenceGuide_V1_5_0.pdf#page=109&zoom=auto,-361,1

You can change the channel source from the routing page, as described here – https://www.allen-heath.com/media/SQ_ReferenceGuide_V1_5_0.pdf#page=40&zoom=auto,-361,573
    In this case, to include the channel delay, set channel source for your monitor Aux to Post-Delay.

Thanks,
    Keith.

Some1else
    Participant

@KeithJA&H Thank you for your quick response on that. I ´m sorry for bothering again. When opening both links I starting from page 1 of the manual. Can you please tell me the pages?

Thank you in advance

Andy

Profile photo of Søren Steinmetz
    Søren Steinmetz
    Participant

The links mention the pages:

The signalpath is on page 109(actually the diagrams start at page 110 )
    The routing change on page 40

Some1else
    Participant

Yesss. There we go 🙂

Thank you guys!!!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.