can I use magnetic strips on an Sq6 to label soft keys

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions can I use magnetic strips on an Sq6 to label soft keys

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dilettant Dilettant 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ernie
    Ernie
    Participant

can I use magnetic strips on an Sq6 to label soft keys? Will they effect the operation of the beard

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

my beard does not operate in any way, it’s just there

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

A question Kieth may know!

I do use them on my mixer, but never on my beard 🧔

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Although the hue would suggest my facial hair is ferrous, a quick test with a fridge magnet unfortunately confirms it is not.
    The SQ metalwork is magnetic however, and those magnetic labels you’re thinking of would be fine to use for labelling SoftKeys.

Cheers,
    Keith.

Profile photo of tourtelot
    tourtelot
    Participant

One inch wide adhesive backed magnet (big box store) and 1/2″ P-touch tape. Oh, and a razor blade and a small hammer to slice the magnet tape. Makes such a professional, changeable result! TU!

D.

Profile photo of Bruce
    Bruce
    Participant

Did this last year…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of tourtelot
    tourtelot
    Participant

Here are some pictures of my solution.

D.

Attachments:
    Profile photo of Dilettant
    Dilettant
    Participant

BTW it would be a nice feature in future SQ Generations to not have to do that because there are already LED Stripes besides or on the Buttons.

Profile photo of MaxKiusso
    MaxKiusso
    Participant

Cutted and printed.

Profile photo of MaxKiusso
    MaxKiusso
    Participant

🙂

Attachments:
    Profile photo of Dilettant
    Dilettant
    Participant

For mag labels you can just use Magnetic Inkjet Photo foils available from several Stores or Amazon:

See offer on Amazon

I Just did print and cut complete stripe sets on my A3 Printer, working fine on SQ6 surface, SQ6 backside,
    AR2412 and AB1608 and can easily be exchanged or removed when needed even at work. Unneeded stripes can be
    stacked in an unused edge of the mixer surface.

Found that longer stripes labelling complete rows of buttons or connectors are more reliable than single
    “Labels” which may tend to move around a little bit while transportation. So i have one for FX and Aux busses,
    one for soft keys 1-4, one for soft keys 9-16, and two smaller ones for soft keys 5-6 and one for soft keys 7-8.

On Back side I have only Labels for Input 1 and 2 and the XLR outputs – other signals are on stageboxes with that setup.

All you need is a Inkjet printer, the Mag Photo Paper, some metal ruler and some cutting tool
    (scissors, cutting knife and steel ruler or even an Ideal 1038 Paper cutting machine work well).
    No need for adhesives on either side.

See attachment for example, feel free to adapt it to your needs.

Don’t wory about the chosen texts and colors, they are very specific for my task – you definitely will want to change 🙂

PS: something is badly broken with the edit feature of the forum, it removes my posting instead of changing it.

Attachments:
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.