Can I monitor stereo mix outs with phones?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Can I monitor stereo mix outs with phones?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 9 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mbirame
    Mbirame
    Participant

Hi folks,
    I’m just working on getting my head around the qu-16. I am sending a stereo signal to channel 1 and 2. They are panned left and right. When I PFL the channels, they sound correct and in stereo. I then am sending those to the mix outputs. When I PFL the mix outputs and listen in my phones, I’m just hearing the outputs in mono.

How do I hear the stereo mix outputs in stereo with the phones? Trying to set up in-ear monitor mixes with the headphones. Thanks!

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

The mix to each of 5/6,7/8,9/10,L/R can be panned independently. You probably just need to pan them in your chosen mix.

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

I would suggest using one of the IEM rigs for monitoring. That way you can be sure it’s right for the end user. Do your IEM transmitters allow you to plug in some ‘phones to monitor signal?

You cannot pan the mono mixes from the board, but if you assign one of them to the left IEM input and the other to the right you should get your faux stereo mix, but will only be able to hear it as such from the IEM rig.

Profile photo of Mbirame
    Mbirame
    Participant

Thanks guys. Yes-indeed-I didn’t realize I needed to set the pan for each mix. Very nice. I’m liking this board. Now I have the three stereo outputs able to be monitored. For that fourth psudo-stereo mix I’ll do that with the in-ears. Thanks guys!

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

You *might* be able to get away with routing it to the Aux out – potentially by looping back to an empty stereo mix…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.