Avantis Solo Softkeys on Mixpad

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis General Discussions Avantis Solo Softkeys on Mixpad

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Flo84 Flo84 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Flo84
    Flo84
    Participant

Hi,

I ordered an Avantis Solo to replace my SQ6.
    I was curious to see if it was possible to have virtual softkeys (24 instead of 18) on Avantis Mixpad like the SQ’s.
    Downloaded both Mixpad and Avantis director and already see this is not the case.

Cheers

Florent

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

There are only 18 softkeys available on the Avantis Solo. The A&H software (Director and Mixpad) is going to reflect this hardware limitation. The 18 softkeys are available in both software options and they can easily be selected/triggered using the software.

Profile photo of Flo84
    Flo84
    Participant

Thanks BrianπŸ˜‰
    Maybe with the Solo addition in the line this feature will be added in a next firmware if peoples ask for.
    (With SQ Mixpad users can access to 16 softkeys on any models even if mixer haven’t physical button).

Cheers

Profile photo of Gogos
    Gogos
    Participant

Hi Flo,
    you’ll be surprised at what’s missing in the Mixpad Avantis compared to your Mixpad SQ. You can forget about shows offline, I/O Select doesn’t work either, etc. etc… as I said, you’ll be surprised like I was.
    You have to do everything via the Avantis director software and therefore set it up via a PC/computer.
    Bye bye iPad for offline work. πŸ˜‰
    I didn’t expect that either, but unfortunately that’s how it is.
    But hey, have fun with your new Avantis Solo when it arrives… πŸ™‚

Cheers Gogos

Profile photo of Flo84
    Flo84
    Participant

Hi Gogos,
    I understood that the development priority to provide access to all functions had been given to the Avantis Director.
    For my initial question, I suspected that this was not the case because there was only one mixer in the Avantis range…
    I also noticed that NEQ12 was available in the director but was not displayed when activated. (offline mode).
    That said, that won’t stop me from being happy with my Avantis, right ! πŸ˜€

Cheers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.